Covid-19 Status

Quick Facts

June 1, 2020

• All 2020 memberships are now good through the end of 2022

• All paid registrations for cancelled events will be credited to player’s accounts for future events.

• Currently USAD does not have any solid plans on hosting events during the 2021 calendar year. That being said, if all goes well with the post-COVID environment we may be able to host one-off events in the late Fall or early Winter.

• We will be back! We may not know when, but the safety of our players is of the utmost importance and we want to ensure that we do not put anyone at risk by returning to the court too soon.

Quick Facts
quick-facts
May 28, 2020

May 28, 2020

Greetings USA Dodgeball community,

It’s been a rough couple of months for us all with the world being turned upside down due to COVID-19 but we are able to start the first steps of planning out how to re-open dodgeball. The health and safety of our players is our top priority and we are in contact with local health agencies, as well as other national sport councils and sports commissions to plan the best and safest way to move forward on when we are able to play again.

We will keep you all updated as we learn more. We have automatically extended all registered 2020 USA Dodgeball memberships through the end of 2021 and everyone who registered for a R1 event has a credit automatically on their account. When we are finally able, we want the process to be as smooth as possible for our players. WE WILL be back and we cannot wait until the day we can throw things at each other again. Until then please stay safe and healthy. We miss you all.

Thank you all for being a part of this community and we will get thru this together.

May 28, 2020
may-28-2020
April 2, 2020

April 2, 2020

A note from the Executive Board of USA Dodgeball:

We hope that everyone is staying sane and staying safe during these crazy times we are living in. As the COVID-19 pandemic unfolds daily and social distancing measures have been implemented across the nation we have made some decisions about the future of the 2020 season.

We have decided to postpone the remaining Round 2 events until further notice. This means that South 2 – New Orleans on April 25th, East 2 – Brooklyn on April 25th and North 2 – Toledo on May 2nd are all being postponed.

The way things are looking right now, we don’t anticipate being able to host any tournaments earlier than mid-to-late June. Below we have outlined our intended Round 3 and 4 schedule for reference, but as you can imagine, everything is up in the air dependent on how things change. As a reminder, any previous registrations will be applied to future rounds and do not expire.

Currently, we are actively monitoring all news and updates from WHO, the CDC, and the government. We remain in constant communication with our host venues and local tourism bureaus. We are staying in contact with the intended venues but as I’m sure you can imagine the tourism industry, in general, is at a standstill right now with so much still being unknown about the future.

As previously announced, the WDBF World Championships have been postponed until 2021. This allows for the Team USA Combine to be rescheduled and is giving us more flexibility for the remainder of 2020 for rescheduling tournaments and Nationals.

Intended 2020 Schedule:

West:

•  R3 (Oakland, CA / Jun 27-28): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Seattle, WA / Aug 8-9): Venue is privately owned. As of now, we still plan to move forward

East:

•  R3 (Baltimore, MD / Jun 13)

•  R4 (Valley Forge, PA / Aug 1-2)

South:

•  R3 (Memphis, TN / Jun 13): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Round Rock, TX / Aug 15-16)

North:

•  R3 (Memphis, TN / Jun 13): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Round Rock, TX / Aug 15-16)

We wish we had more to share with you all this point but we are all in this together learning new things every day. Please stay safe and take care of yourselves physically and mentally during these unprecedented times. Tag USA Dodgeball in your quarantine dodgeball training routines, share team and jersey photos, host virtual happy hours with your dodgeball friends and remember that this community and USA Dodgeball will be excited to see you all back on the court on the other side of this. Wash your hands. Stay home. Thank your local healthcare workers, grocery store staff, and anyone else making sure we stay healthy and fed. Doing your part in social distancing will help get you back on the court sooner.

April 2, 2020
april-2-2020
March 23, 2020

March 23, 2020

It is with a heavy heart that we must announce the postponement of the World Dodgeball Federation world championships. While we know our athletes have been working hard to get ready for Glasgow this September we must do what’s right for everyone’s health and to ensure every country and athlete has the time and resources needed to participate at the highest level. As such, the Team USA Combine will be postponed until further notice.

We know that players and organizations will be struggling to recover physically and financially while we face this unprecedented global pandemic.

We will be working with WDBF and our fellow national governing bodies to provide other opportunities while we prepare for Worlds 2021.

These decisions aren’t easy but we must do what’s best for the sport and our athletes. We will get through this together and come out stronger than before.

Stay tuned for more info but, more importantly, stay healthy and stay safe.

March 23, 2020
march-23-2020
March 17, 2020

March 17, 2020

A note from Jake Mason, President of USA Dodgeball:

As we continue to navigate through these unprecedented times, all of us from USA Dodgeball want to do our best to keep every member updated on what we are doing for the dodgeball community within the U.S.

Currently, we are actively monitoring all news and updates from WHO, the CDC, and our government. We remain in constant communication with our host venues and local governments. It is important we stay vigilant as every hour brings new information and guidelines. This is a weird time, I have to admit, so we are riding this wave and doing what we can to move forward.

As of today, we will be postponing ALL USA Dodgeball tournaments through mid-April. What does this mean? In addition to postponement of West R1 and East R1, we will be postponing North R1 (Indianapolis) and West R2 (Tempe). We are holding off this week on any decisions regarding East R1 (Brooklyn), South R2 (New Orleans), and North R2 (Toledo).

We have meetings this week with the World Dodgeball Federation (WDBF) as well as British Dodgeball to discuss the World Championships that is scheduled this September in Glasgow. We will post an update on the Team USA Combine and other information as it develops.

We’ve had to make some tough decisions in a very short time period these last few weeks. I am saddened to say that the USA Dodgeball tournament schedule is all up in the air as of now. None of our venues or facilities can guarantee they can host us and they won’t know until we all are able to see the full scope of what is happening in the world right now.

We don’t recommend planning anything right now but wanted to share what we tentatively have on our schedule for the rest of the tournaments (see below).

Obviously, with the postponements, we will have to reshuffle the next few months but the following locations/dates are what we had planned and, ironically, locked in as of last week.

West:

•  R3 (Oakland, CA / Jun 27-28): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Seattle, WA / Aug 8-9): Venue is privately owned. As of now, we still plan to move forward

East:

•  R2 (Brooklyn, NY / Apr 25): TBD. CDC guidelines may still be in effect and may force us to postpone this event.

•  R3 (Baltimore, MD / Jun 13)

•  R4 (Valley Forge, PA / Aug 1-2)

South:

•  R2 (New Orleans, LA / Apr 25): TBD Dependent on CDC and the Jefferson Parish parks and rec department

•  R3 (Memphis, TN / Jun 13): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Round Rock, TX / Aug 15-16)

North:

•  R2 (Toledo, OH / May 2): TBD pending CDC

•  R3 (Memphis, TN / Jun 13): TBD. The venue is putting a hold on all permits and events until further notice

•  R4 (Round Rock, TX / Aug 15-16)

Nationals

•  TBD / Oct 2-5: Two potential locations are unable to confirm at this point. We may have to push Nationals depending on what we can work out for the rest of the tournament schedule.

Team USA Combine

•  TBD / Oct 2-5: Two potential locations are unable to confirm at this point. We may have to push Nationals depending on what we can work out for the rest of the tournament schedule.

World Championships

•  Glasgow, Scotland / Sept 1-6: WDBF is closely monitoring the situation and creating contingency plans, if needed.

For the West, East and North rounds that have been postponed: we will be automatically crediting every registered participant’s account. For anyone who is in need of a refund, you may request it by emailing: [email protected]

This is a lot of work on our volunteers and we ask that you bear with us as we process all of the refund requests and credits.

This is all the information we have and, as we’ve seen in the past week, anything can happen in an instant. We will keep you all posted. For now please just take care of yourselves, practice social distancing, flatten the curve, wash your hands, and if you can’t take it anymore, ask a close family member or friend to throw things at you until we are able to dodge together as a community again.

March 17, 2020
march-17-2020
March 13, 2020

March 13, 2020

It is fair to say that this week has not gone as planned. We appreciate the outpouring of support for our decision to postpone the West and East Round 1 events for the USA Dodgeball Premier Tour. We are in the process of discussing plans for refunding everyone who paid their entry fees. This will be a big undertaking, so we are weighing options to figure out the best course of action. Unfortunately, our registration software doesn’t have a “refund all” option, so we are creating a strategy to do this on an individual basis. Everyone will get either a refund to the card they paid with or will have their payment applied to future rounds. We will make sure our members get what they paid for.

In the spirit of transparency, the members of the USA Dodgeball Executive Board and our committees are exhausted. We have been working tirelessly for months to get these events underway, only to have COVID-19 poke its ugly head in and ruin everything at the last moment. We know how negatively this has affected each and every one of you who planned on playing in these events and we hated making the decision we were forced to make. The Executive Board and our committee members are taking the weekend off to decompress after a week that just has not seemed to stop.

Everyone on the Executive Board and our committees also have real jobs that have been at least partially neglected over the last couple of days and that is not something we can take lightly. We hope you understand that we have to take care of ourselves in order to better serve our community. We will be back on Monday! Rounds 3 and 4 will be announced early next week as we get final confirmation from facilities.

Cheers,

USA Dodgeball eBoard

March 13, 2020
march-13-2020
March 12, 2020

March 12, 2020

Due to the recent publication by the California Public Health Department and news from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, along with concerns from the dodgeball community, USA Dodgeball has decided to postpone West 1 – USA Dodgeball Premier Tour 2020 this weekend (March 14-15) and East 1 – USA Dodgeball Premier Tour next weekend (March 21st).

We were extremely excited to host the first round of our Premier Tour series in the West region this weekend in San Marcos, CA and the East region next weekend in Boston, MA. However, we also want to make sure the health and safety of our dodgeball community is not jeopardized.

The west tournament currently has 250+ registered players. Any event or gathering of 250+ people is encouraged and advised to be canceled to minimize the spread of COVID-19.

In addition, the east venue did cancel on us and after the measures being taken across the country, we have decided to follow suit and cancel this event.

We know how excited you all were for this weekend. We were looking forward to hosting you and your team(s) as well. It was a tough decision to make but our top priority is YOU and keeping you safe.

We deeply apologize for the inconvenience this has caused for everyone – especially those who have already traveled or plan on traveling – for the short notice. As you know, the epidemic is moving swiftly and information that is being released is by the minute. There is something new to consider every hour and we’re doing our best to keep up.

Most airlines are currently offering refunds or credits for later flights if you haven’t left yet. For those who have booked a room with the host hotel, we’re still gathering information regarding cancellations and refunds. In the meantime, please feel free to reach out to them directly.

We are unsure if we will be able to reschedule West or East Round 1 but will make sure you are all updated when we have more information. We are considering changing the divisions offered at West Round 2 in order to meet demand if we are unable to reschedule this event. Please understand that we need to work this out before we start issuing refunds for Round 1 as we are exploring the least labor intensive way to do this. Rest assured that every player will either have their registration applied to a future round or have a refund issued, but it will take time to figure out the best course of action. Your patience and understanding is much appreciated.

Please stay tuned as more information will be coming out. We will be publishing Round 3 and 4 for most regions shortly.

For anyone reading this from another region, we are still planning to host North 1 in Indianapolis unless something changes as the venue has confirmed they are good, but are in constant contact with representatives in Indiana to decide the best course of action for the regional tournaments. In addition, as of now, all Round 2 events across the country are still on schedule as well.

Thank you all for your support, concerns, and the communication. We appreciate you!

March 12, 2020
march-12-2020